FIRST: ONLY a qualified physician can accurately discern the cause of one’s illness. Mold or certain types of mold MAY be the sole factor, a contributing factor or no factor at all. This is when the TYPE of mold becomes a relevant issue. Otherwise, the goal is to capture mold spores and take them out of the home or business. KILLING mold is NOT the objective of any remediation project. Therefore, the use of bleach is NOT the answer – it is a myth.
Approximately 38 million Americans suffer from sinusitis. Sinusitis is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses. Many of these cases can be contributed to mold in your home. Black mold is less common, but if it is OBSERVED, it can contain serious toxins that can lead to life-threatening health issues. PLEASE NOTE: NOT all black molds are toxic!
Black Mold Addressed
Black mold thrives in areas with water leakage as well as areas with high humidity as does any mold. Moreover, black mold is often an indicator or a long term elevated moisture issue.
Signs of elevated moisture issues may include…
- Cracked, peeling paint
- Discoloration of warping of walls, ceilings, and floors.
- Mildew/Musty odors
- Loosened drywall tape
- Softened building materials
- Visible mold growth
Mold Health Hazards
If mold isn’t treated it has the potential to lead to the following health issues…
- Respiratory problems
- Asthma and bronchitis
- Lung tissue damage
- Suppressed immune system
- Eye, nose, throat, and skin irritation
- Headaches and dizziness
- Body aches and pains
- Memory impairment
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Food intolerance and allergies
What To Do If You Find Mold
Before allowing your home or business to make it’s inhabitants sick, you should contact a full service mold removal company that is fully insured and follows the S520 standards for remediation.
1st Call Disaster Services specializes in eliminating mold issues and providing preventative measures to address areas of moisture intrusion.
A good restoration company can make sure a mold remediation is done right and that you’re out of pocket damage liability is kept to a minimum. We’ve helped numerous home and business owners and they and their insurance company always appreciate our surgical approach to restoration!
Contact Us (859-795-5775) for a consultation
All About Mold Series
- All About Mold Series - #7 When and Why to Test for Mold
- All About Mold Series - #6 What Happens and What to Expect During a Mold Inspection
- All About Mold Series - #5 Signs That You May Have Mold In Your House
- All About Mold Series - #4 A Detailed Look at Mold Remediation
- All About Mold Series - #3 The Health Effects of Mold
- All About Mold Series - #2 Detecting and Removing Mold. Can Mold Make Me Sick?
- All About Mold Series - #1 Understanding How Mold Thrives Can Help Us Prevent Mold Growth In Your Home or Business
About 1st Call Disaster Services
Property disaster is disastrous and emotionally unsettling. At 1st Call Disaster Services, our commitment is to helping regain your sense of security while rebuilding your surroundings. Our team members are not only professionally trained in the latest restoration technologies, techniques and procedures, they are also compassionate toward families and businesses having to endure the aftermath of a devastating situation. We are licensed and insured, specializing in all areas of property damage mitigation and our promise is to do whatever it takes to help you get your life back in order as quickly as possible.
What We Deliver…
- A team of trained and certified technicians
- The latest mitigation technology and procedures
- A strict code of ethics
- Round the clock availability 24/7
- 2 hour emergency response time
- A commitment to save and restore property
- Continual communication with all parties involved in the claim
- Professional, efficient, and exemplary service